How can we help you?
Sort and filter
Sort and filter to better view lists of music and podcasts.
Filter lets you search a specific list, or show downloads only.
Sort lets you view lists in a particular order, for example:
- Recently played
- Recently added
Note: Sort and filter options vary depending on what you’re sorting.
Pick your device below for how to sort and filter.
Sort and filter Your Library
- Choose a filter at the top (e.g. Playlists), or tap to search your collection
- Tap to change how items are listed
- To pin an item to the top, tap on it and hold
- To switch between grid or list view, tap /
Sort and filter playlists
- Tap the playlist.
- Pull down and release to display Filters and at the top.
- Tap Filters for sorting options, or to search.
Note: For playlists on Android, tap to find Sort and Filter options.
To filter your collection, click at the top of the list and enter a search term.
Tip: You can also use your keyboard’s shortcuts:
- Cmd-F (for Mac)
- Ctrl-F (for Windows)
To choose how items are listed, click at the top of the list.
You can also sort by clicking a column header. For example:
- Click TITLE/ARTIST, or ALBUM to sort alphabetically
- Click by DATE ADDED
- Click to sort by song duration
Tip: Adjust the app's screen size to reveal more columns.
Click the column again to reverse the order.
Set custom order
You need the desktop app to set a custom order, but it shows on all devices.
You can set a custom order for:
- Songs in playlists you created
- How all your playlists are listed
Simply drag and drop them to your preferred position.
Last updated: 29 April, 2021
Was this article helpful?