How can we help you?
Get the full Spotify experience!Upgrade to premium
Have questions, answers, ideas about Spotify? Ask or join our Community!Go to the Community
Check out our Twitter or Facebook help:
Bluetooth help for Spotify
Play Spotify on Bluetooth supported devices such as speakers, headphones, and even your car.
To play Spotify on Bluetooth, you need:
- The Spotify app on a device that supports Bluetooth
- An audio device that supports Bluetooth
How to use Bluetooth
Note: It's best to close Spotify while establishing a Bluetooth connection.
- On both devices, switch Bluetooth on.
- Pair the devices in their Bluetooth settings.
Tip: Check your device’s support for details.
- Open Spotify and play.
The sound now comes from your chosen device.
- Check the devices are in range, ideally within 1 meter (3ft) of each other.
- Some devices only let you have one connection at a time. Try disconnecting other devices.
- In the settings of your device with the Spotify app, check Bluetooth allows media sharing.
- Make sure both devices have sufficient power.
If it’s still not working, try re-pairing your devices:
- In your devices’ Bluetooth settings, delete the information of the other device.
Tip: This setting can be called Forget or Unpair.
- On both devices, switch Bluetooth off, then back on.
- Re-establish the connection. Check your device's user guide for specific steps.
Was this article helpful?