With Spotify Connect, you can use your Spotify app as a remote to play on speakers, TVs, cars, games consoles, smart watches and more. Not forgetting other phones, tablets, and computers too!
Which devices are supported?
Check out Spotify Gear for compatible devices. If you don’t see your device there you can check with the manufacturer.
You can use the Spotify app for desktop/mobile or the web player as your remote control. Just make sure you’re all set up first:
- All devices need to be on the same WiFi network the first time you connect.
- Make sure you have the most up-to-date version of Spotify.
- All your devices’ software should also be up-to-date.
Desktop and web player
- Click in the bottom-right.
- Select the device you'd like to play on.
Mobile and tablet
- Play a song.
- Tap Devices Available at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the device you want to play on.
If Spotify Connect isn’t working for you, check:
- All devices are fully up-to-date.
- You’re rocking the latest version of Spotify.
- Your device is supported. You can check this at spotifygear.com or with the device’s manufacturer.
- @SpotifyStatus. We post here about any system issues.
It’s also worth ensuring both devices are on the same WiFi network.
Note: Local files can’t be played with Spotify Connect.
If you’re still having trouble after those checks, these steps can help:
- Restart the Spotify app.
- Close any other apps you’re not using.
- Restart your devices.
- Restart your WiFi.
- If possible, try a different WiFi connection.
You can also try switching off the Show local devices only setting. This means your app will try to find nearby devices that aren’t on the same internet connection as you. Here's how:
Note: This setting is only available on mobile and tablet devices.
- Open the Spotify app on a mobile or tablet.
- Tap Home .
Got Premium? Tap Your Library .
- Tap Settings .
- Tap Devices.
- Switch off Show local devices only and try Connect again.
If the problem persists, you may need to perform further troubleshooting on your device or WiFi connection. Check out the support sites for the service provider / manufacturer for help.
You can also try these alternative ways to play Spotify on different devices: