Download your music and podcasts, and take them anywhere your internet can’t go.
- On Premium, you can download albums, playlists, and podcasts.
- On the free version of Spotify, you can download podcasts.
- You can download as many as 10,000 songs on each of up to 5 different devices.
- You need to go online at least once every 30 days to keep your downloads. This is so Spotify can collect play data to compensate artists.
How to download
- Check the device isn’t in sleep mode
- Check your internet connection is active
- Make sure you have enough storage space
Tip: We recommend at least 1GB free memory
- Turn off any cache clearing/battery-saving apps
- Make sure you didn't reach the 5 devices limit
Switch on Offline Mode
Downloads play automatically when you lose internet, but you can use Offline Mode to make sure only your downloads play.
Downloads not playing?
Look for the download status next to your song or playlist.
How to troubleshoot?
- Restart the app
- Switch on Offline Mode
or Tracks not downloaded
How to troubleshoot?
- Try downloading again
- See "Not downloading?" section above
- Reinstall the app
Note: You need to re-download any downloaded music and podcasts after reinstalling the app.
Track or podcast is no longer downloaded
You might lose your downloads if:
- You don’t go online at least once in 30 days
- You reinstall the app
- You download to more than 5 devices
Note: Downloads are removed from the device you’ve used least recently
- Your Spotify app is not up-to-date
- Your SD card (if you have one) is not working properly
You may only download on up to 5 devices. If you want to download to an additional device, you will need to remove downloads from another.
Remove all downloads from your mobile device
- Tap Settings .
- iOS only: Tap Storage.
- Select Remove all downloads.
Manually remove downloads
- Open Your Library.
- Mobile only: Tap Downloaded.
- Open a downloaded album or playlist.
- Tap the green arrow button .
- Mobile only: Tap Remove.
Note: The green icon will turn black .
Was this article helpful?