Spotify has joined forces with Genius to give you the story behind the song.
Note: This feature is currently only available in English, on select songs and playlists.
- See key lyrics of many of your favorite tracks as they’re sung (or rapped, or screamed).
- Get behind the scenes info, including what inspired the lyrics and facts about the song.
- Also available on your TV with Chromecast.
- Start playing music.
- Tap the Now Playing bar at the bottom of the screen.
- See the song’s lyrics and their story!
Note: If you don’t see it, the lyrics/story aren’t available for that song.
- Swipe the lyrics view to switch to the cover art view.
How else can I see lyrics?
You can download the SoundHound app!
- Download the SoundHound app and open it.
- Search for a track, or tap to detect any song that’s playing out loud.
- The lyrics display on the song page. They even scroll along with the music, so you can sing along!
Tip: With Soundhound you can automatically add detected songs to a Spotify playlist. Just connect your Spotify account in Soundhound’s settings, then enable Auto-add to Spotify.
Didn’t Spotify have its own lyrics?
We did, however it’s currently unavailable. We’re always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall. To find out more, check out our guide to why features change.