Spotify on Samsung Smart TV
Note: As we look to improve the overall Spotify experience, the app will not be available on Samsung’s Legacy operating system on select 2015 and prior devices. For more information, and for other ways to stream on your TV, check this out.
Music for the big screen!
Want to use Spotify on your TV? With the Spotify app on Samsung Smart TVs, you can.
The Spotify app on Samsung Smart TV offers a unique listening experience. To find out more, check the year and operating system of your Samsung Smart TV below.
Samsung Smart TV: 2012 – select 2015 models
If your Samsung Smart TV is running the Orsay operating system, Premium subscribers can:
- Search tracks, albums, and artists.
- Browse new releases, top tracks, and top albums.
- Browse your friends’ playlists and listen to your own.
- Add tracks to playlists.
- View artist pages.
Note: For older Smart TVs, please check the download area on the Smart TV to see which applications are available.
For more information, including details on how to download and install apps on your Samsung Smart TV, check out the Samsung support page.
Samsung Smart TV: 2015-current models (running the Tizen operating system)
Introducing Tizen for Samsung Smart TVs, an operating system designed to power Samsung’s next generation of Smart TV applications. Tizen lets you take Spotify to the next level.
If your Samsung Smart TV was produced from 2015 onwards and is running the Tizen operating system (version 2.3 and above), listeners can:
- Use on-demand playback, available for both Premium and Free listeners.
- Access a new and improved Browse section.
- Search the entire Spotify catalog.
- Preview content.
- Control their music and login remotely using Spotify Connect.
- Experience an optimized “big screen” interface with beautiful artwork.
For more information, including details on how to download and install apps using Tizen, check out the Tizen Store website.