Listen out loud with Spotify on Sonos.
Download the Sonos app on desktop or mobile, and select your device below to add Spotify to your Sonos account.
- In the Sonos app, select Add Music Services from the Music pane.
- Select Spotify, then click Next.
- Select I already have an account and click Next.
Note: If you don’t already have a Spotify account, you can create one by clicking Sign up to Spotify.
- Click the displayed link and enter your login details to allow Sonos.
- In the Sonos app, tap Add Music Services from the More tab.
- Select Spotify.
- Select I already have an account.
Note: If you don’t already have a Spotify account, you can create one by tapping Sign up to Spotify.
- Tap the displayed link and enter your login details to allow Sonos.
After setting up with the steps above, you can use Spotify Connect to play to your Sonos from the Spotify app on mobile, tablet, or desktop:
- Make sure your device is connected to the same WiFi network as your Sonos. Open Spotify.
- Play a song and tap Devices Available (mobile) or click (desktop).
Note: Podcasts are unsupported on Sonos. If you’re listening to a podcast, your Sonos speakers won’t display under Devices Available.
- Select your Sonos from the device picker and start listening.
- In the Sonos app, select Manage, then Service Settings from the dropdown in the top-left.
- Click the - (minus) icon by Spotify to remove it from your Sonos.
- In the Sonos app, select Settings, then My Services from the More tab.
- Tap Spotify, then Remove Account to remove Spotify from your Sonos.
Playlist folders are currently unsupported in the Sonos app, but you can still find the playlists from those folders under Playlists.
No. You need a Spotify Premium account to play Spotify on your Sonos.
For help setting up and troubleshooting, check out the Sonos support site.