Spotify on PlayStation®: How to use
With the Spotify app, available on PlayStation™Music, you can listen to Spotify on your PS4™ and PS3™ system.
- Browse playlists from different genres and moods. Or check out new releases.
- Play your own playlists or songs from Your Music.
- Search for any song, album, or playlist.
- Listen to music on select games while gaming on your PS4™ console (not available in PlayStation® Now, or while using Remote Play).
Find and navigate Spotify on PlayStation®
Note: For information on how to log in or create an account, see your Spotify account and subscription on PlayStation®.
- Fire up your PS4™ or PS3™ console.
- Go to PlayStation™Music on the content launcher on your PS4™ console, or find Spotify in the Music section on PS3™ console.
You can navigate the app using the directional buttons, and press to select features.
Scroll through screens using the directional buttons to access other areas of the app.
Search for music
- Use the directional buttons to highlight the search icon in the top-right corner.
- Use the directional buttons to type in what you're looking for.
- Select Done (or hit the R2 button) to search.
- Use the directional buttons to highlight a search result and press to start playing.
Control your music during a game
- Long-press the PS button to bring up the quick menu.
- Select Spotify.
Note: To display your Spotify music in the quick menu, you must allow access by PlayStation™Network. You’ll be prompted to do so when you first select Spotify in the quick menu.
- Navigate using the directional buttons, and press to select features and play music.
- Skip songs with L1 (backwards) and R1 (forwards).
- Control volume up and down using the directional buttons.
Playing Spotify music while playing games is only available for select PS4™ games (not available in PlayStation® Now or using Remote Play).
Tip: If the game allows, you can disable in-game music for the best Spotify experience.
Use your phone as a remote
Using Spotify Connect you can play Spotify music from your mobile device and play it on your PS4™ or PS3™.
Note: Spotify Free and Premium users can use Spotify Connect to control PS4™ and PS3™ using Android devices 184.108.40.2065 and later and iOS devices 2.7 and later.
- Open the Spotify app on your mobile device.
- Tap the Now Playing bar at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Devices Available at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose your PlayStation® from the list of devices.
Tip: Check out our Gaming Hub, located in Genres & Moods. Here you'll find official soundtracks, awesome gaming playlists, and much more!
For more help, check out PlayStation Music.