Spotify on PlayStation®
With the Spotify app, available on PlayStation™Music, you can listen to Spotify on your PS4™ and PS3™ system.
- Browse playlists from different genres and moods. Or check out new releases.
- Play your own playlists or songs from Your Music.
- Search for any song, album, or playlist.
- Listen to music on select games while gaming on your PS4™ console (not available on PS3™, PlayStation® Now, or while using Remote Play).
On PS4™ consoles, go to PlayStation™Music on the content launcher.
On PS3™ consoles, find Spotify in the Music section.
If you already have a Spotify account (that was not created on Facebook), you can log in to PlayStation™Music using those same credentials. This will connect your Spotify account to your account on PlayStation™Network (Sony Entertainment Network account):
- Select LOG IN.
- Select OTHER WAYS TO LOG IN.
- Select Username & Password.
- Enter your username and password, and select LOG IN.
- Select LINK ACCOUNTS.
Tip: This means you’re automatically logged into Spotify whenever you log into your PS4™ or PS3™ system, even if you are using a different console.
To log out
- Select the profile image in the top-right of the screen.
- Select Log out.
Tip: If you don’t want to link your account to your account on PlayStation™Network (Sony Entertainment Network account), or if you created your Spotify account with Facebook, you can use Spotify Connect to play through your PS4™ or PS3™.
You can navigate the app using the directional buttons, and press to select features. Scroll through screens using the directional buttons to access other areas of the app.
Search for music
- Use the directional buttons to highlight the search icon in the top-right corner.
- Use the directional buttons to type in what you're looking for.
- Select Done (or hit the R2 button) to search.
- Use the directional buttons to highlight a search result and press to start playing.
Use your phone as a remote
You can also use Spotify Connect to control the music from your mobile device as it plays on your PS4™ or PS3™.
- Long-press the PS button to bring up the quick menu.
- Select Spotify.
Note: To display your Spotify music in the quick menu, you must allow access by PlayStation™Network. You’ll be prompted to do so when you first select Spotify in the quick menu.
- Navigate using the directional buttons, and press to select features and play music.
- Skip songs with L1 (backwards) and R1 (forwards).
- Control volume up and down using the directional buttons.
- If the game allows, you can disable in-game music for the best Spotify experience.
Playing Spotify music while playing games is only available for select PS4™ games (not available on PS3™, PlayStation® Now, or using Remote Play).
Tip: You can also share music while you game! Just select Share Music Information from the quick menu and choose from Now Playing, Recently Played, and Recently Saved.
You can upgrade to Spotify Premium through PlayStation™Store without leaving your PlayStation® console, via your Sony Xperia™, or direct with us at Spotify.com.
Tip: If eligible, you’ll be presented with the option to begin a free trial.
|On PS4™ or PS3™||On Xperia™||On Spotify.com|
| || || |
Cancel your subscription
If you subscribed to Premium via PlayStation®, follow these steps to cancel.
If you subscribed to Premium direct with Spotify, follow these steps to cancel.
For more help, check out PlayStation Music.