Problems logging in
Your Spotify account needs either an email address or a Facebook account associated with it for you to log in. Here’s how to find out if you have either.
Note: You don’t need to know your username to log in.
Find out your account email address
- Enter any email addresses you use into our password reset form. If there's an account associated with it, we’ll let you know. You can then continue to reset the password to log in.
- Check your email inboxes, including any spam or junk folders, for emails from Spotify. If you have any, it’s likely there’s an account associated with that email address.
Create a new password
If you've forgotten your password, use password reset to create a new one.
Log in with Facebook
Select LOG IN WITH FACEBOOK.
If you're unsure if your account is connected to Facebook, follow these steps:
- Log into Facebook and select Settings on the dropdown in the top-right.
- Choose Apps.
- If you see the Spotify icon, your account is connected to Facebook.
Tip: Don’t want to log in with Facebook? At least try these steps to get access to the account. You can then disconnect Facebook.
Please try it again, following these steps:
- Go to password reset.
- Enter your email address and click SEND.
- Go to your email inbox and find an email from us with the subject “Reset your password”.
Tip: If you don’t see it, check your junk/spam folders, or any other filtered folders (e.g. If you use Gmail, it might be in the Social or Promotions tabs).
- Click the Reset password link in the email. A new web page will open.
- Type your new password in both fields and click SEND.
- Go back to the app and log in with the email address you used to reset your password and the new password.
No account linked to email address?
If you see the error message "The email address you entered is not connected to a Spotify account", try the above steps again with any other email addresses you have.
Tip: Check your email inboxes for emails from Spotify. If you have any, it’s likely there’s an account associated with that email address.
- If you don’t have access to an email address associated with your Spotify account, you’re unable to reset the password. However, your account might be connected to Facebook, in which case you can just choose LOG IN WITH FACEBOOK.
- If the email address associated with your account has been changed without your permission, get help here.
Password reset link invalid?
If you receive the message “password reset link is not valid, or already used” try submitting for a new reset link and, without clicking the link, follow these steps:
- Go to your password reset email.
- Right-click the Reset password link and select Copy link address.
Note: If you accidentally click the link before you do this, you’ll have to send for a new one.
- Go to your web browser and open a private/incognito window.
- Paste the link into the address bar.
- Press Enter and continue.
Visit Why has my account been disabled? for help.