How can we help you?
Account & Payment
Go wireless and play Spotify on Bluetooth supported devices such as speakers, headphones, and even your car.
- The Spotify app on a device that supports Bluetooth.
- A Bluetooth supported audio device (such as a speaker, car, watch, headphones, etc).
Note: It's best to close Spotify while establishing a connection.
- On both devices, switch Bluetooth on.
- Pair the devices. Check your device’s user guide for step-by-step instructions.
- Open Spotify and play. The sound now comes from your chosen device.
If your Bluetooth connection isn’t working, make sure:
- The devices are in range. We recommend they're within 1 meter (3ft) of each other.
- Both devices have sufficient power.
- You’re connected to the right device. You might need to disconnect any other devices.
- You haven’t reached the maximum number of devices you can pair at any one time.
- The connection allows media sharing. Look for this option in the Bluetooth settings of your device with the Spotify app.
- You may need to select the device you’re pairing to as the default for your device. Look for this option in the Bluetooth settings.
Still not working?
Try re-pairing your devices:
- Turn your Bluetooth audio device off.
- In the Bluetooth settings of your device with the Spotify app, delete the information of your Bluetooth device. This setting is often called Forget.
- On both devices, switch Bluetooth off/back on.
- Re-establish the connection. Check your device's user guide for specific steps.
For more connection help with speakers and cars, check out:
Last updated: 26 November, 2020
Was this article helpful?