How can we help you?
Data & Privacy
Get the full Spotify experience!Upgrade to premium
Have questions, answers, ideas about Spotify? Ask or join our Community!Go to the Community
Check out our Twitter or Facebook help:
Bluetooth help for Spotify
Play Spotify on Bluetooth supported devices such as speakers, headphones, and even your car.
To play Spotify on Bluetooth, you need:
- The Spotify app on a device that supports Bluetooth
- An audio device that supports Bluetooth
How to use Bluetooth
Note: It's best to close Spotify while establishing a Bluetooth connection.
- On both devices, switch Bluetooth on.
- Pair the devices in their Bluetooth settings.
Tip: Check your device’s support for details.
- Open Spotify and play.
The sound now comes from your chosen device.
- Check the devices are in range, ideally within 1 meter (3ft) of each other.
- Some devices only let you have one connection at a time. Try disconnecting other devices.
- In the settings of your device with the Spotify app, check Bluetooth allows media sharing.
- Make sure both devices have sufficient power.
If it’s still not working, try re-pairing your devices:
- In your devices’ Bluetooth settings, delete the information of the other device.
Tip: This setting can be called Forget or Unpair.
- On both devices, switch Bluetooth off, then back on.
- Re-establish the connection. Check your device's user guide for specific steps.
Last updated: 8 April, 2022
Was this article helpful?