How can we help you?
Data & Privacy
Get the full Spotify experience!Upgrade to premium
Have questions, answers, ideas about Spotify? Ask or join our Community!Go to the Community
Check out our Twitter or Facebook help:
Spotify in the car
Take your favorite music and podcasts along for the ride.
Use any of these to connect your phone to your car:
Also, many car media systems offer a Spotify app built into the stereo.
For compatible devices, check with the manufacturer.
- Make sure your app and devices’ software are up-to-date
- Make sure your device is connected to the internet
- Restart the app
- Restart your car (by turning the ignition off then on again)
- If possible, delete the Spotify app then reinstall it
If your AUX or USB cable isn't working:
- Make sure it's the correct cable for your device
- Try a different one in case it's damaged
If the problem persists, reach out to your car/stereo manufacturer for further help.
For your safety
Only use your mobile device when allowed by law and when conditions permit safe use.
Set up Spotify before you drive and avoid interacting with your device while the car is in motion.
Last updated: 12 May, 2022
Was this article helpful?