With Spotify Connect, you can use one device to remotely control listening on another.
To check if your device is compatible with Spotify Connect, see Spotify Listen Everywhere or check with the device’s manufacturer.
Use Spotify Connect
When connecting to the speaker for the first time, all devices need to be on the same WiFi.
- Open Spotify and play something.
- Press at the bottom of the screen.
- Pick the device you want to play to.
Note: If you pause playing for more than 10 minutes you might need to reconnect.
Don't see your device?
- If you are seeing more than one device of the same name (e.g. iPhone), try connecting to each in turn.
- Try logging into the device using your Spotify credentials and you should be able to see it in the Spotify app even if it isn’t on the same WiFi.
- [Mobile] Switch off Show local devices only in the Spotify mobile app Settings > Devices. This lets the app see devices that currently aren’t on your WiFi network.
- [Web player] On the web player you can only use devices you’ve already logged into, or Google Cast devices on your current network (if using Chrome). If your device isn’t showing, try using the Spotify app instead.
Connect not working?
- Restart the Spotify app.
- Restart your device.
- Restart your speaker.
- Make sure your Spotify app is up-to-date.
- Make sure all devices’ software is up-to-date.
- Make sure devices are on the same WiFi.
- Restart your WiFi or try a different WiFi connection.
- [iPhone] Make sure you provide Spotify access to your local network. Go to iPhone Settings > Spotify > Local Network and toggle it on.
- [Android TV] Allow Spotify to display over other apps. Go to TV Settings > Apps > Special app access > Display over other apps.
Don’t recognize a device?
You may have left your account logged in on someone else’s device. If you don’t have access to that device, ask its owner to log out of your account.
Was this article helpful?