How can we help you?
Account & Payment
Here’s all you need to know to get started with Spotify.
Get the app
You can download Spotify for free on desktop here, or through the app store on mobile and tablet.
If you don't want to download the app, go to our web player to start listening directly from your browser.
Create your account
You can create your account on the Spotify website, or in the app.
This lets you log in to the app on any device with your email address and password.
- Enter and confirm your email address.
- Choose a password.
- You can choose to enter more details such as gender, date of birth, and what we should call you (your display name).
Tip: Your display name is just for show. It’s different to your username which is auto-generated and can’t be changed. For more info see Change username.
This lets you log in to the app on any device with Facebook, and your Facebook name and picture shows on your profile. Learn more about Spotify and Facebook here.
- Select SIGN UP WITH FACEBOOK or CONTINUE WITH FACEBOOK (on mobile).
- If you’re not already logged into Facebook on the device, you’re directed to enter your Facebook details.
- Allow Spotify access to your Facebook.
This lets you log in to the app on any device with your phone. Instead of a password, we’ll send a one time verification code via SMS every time you log in.
- Select CONTINUE WITH PHONE.
- Enter your phone number.
- You’ll now receive an SMS from us with your 4-digit verification code.
Tip: If you don’t see it, select Resend SMS or Edit phone number.
- Enter the code into the sign up page.
- You can choose to enter more details such as gender and date of birth.
You’ve got the app and your account, so now you can play music!
Check these out to get started:
Last updated: 5 February, 2021
Was this article helpful?