How can we help you?
Get the full Spotify experience!Upgrade to premium
Have questions, answers, ideas about Spotify? Ask or join our Community!Go to the Community
Check out our Twitter or Facebook help:
Sort and filter
Sort and filter to better view lists of music and podcasts.
Filter lets you search a specific list, or show downloads only.
Sort lets you view lists in a particular order, for example:
- Recently played
- Recently added
Note: Sort and filter options vary depending on what you’re sorting.
Pick your device below for how to sort and filter.
Sort and filter Your Library
- Choose a filter at the top (e.g. Playlists), or tap to search your collection
- Tap to change how items are listed
- To pin an item to the top, tap on it and hold
- To switch between grid or list view, tap /
Sort and filter playlists
- Tap the playlist.
- Pull down and release to display Filters and at the top.
- Tap Filters for sorting options, or to search.
Note: For playlists on Android, tap to find Sort and Filter options.
To filter your collection, click at the top of the list and enter a search term.
Tip: You can also use your keyboard’s shortcuts:
- Cmd-F (for Mac)
- Ctrl-F (for Windows)
To choose how items are listed, click at the top of the list.
You can also sort by clicking a column header. For example:
- Click TITLE/ARTIST, or ALBUM to sort alphabetically
- Click by DATE ADDED
- Click to sort by song duration
Tip: Adjust the app's screen size to reveal more columns.
Click the column again to reverse the order.
Set custom order
You need the desktop app to set a custom order, but it shows on all devices.
You can set a custom order for:
- Songs in playlists you created
- How all your playlists are listed
Simply drag and drop them to your preferred position.
Last updated: 12 August, 2021
Was this article helpful?