Distributing your podcast
If you host your podcast with Spotify, it's distributed to listeners on Spotify automatically. In order for your podcast to appear on sites like Apple Podcasts, you need to submit your podcast to each platform.
We have steps for submitting your podcast to several platforms:
There are lots of podcast aggregators out there. If you don’t see the platform you want to distribute to listed here, search online for instructions on how to distribute to that platform.
Important info about distribution:
- It can take some time for your podcast to appear on different platforms. Some platforms manually approve podcasts before publishing them. If your podcast isn’t showing up on a platform, reach out to their support team for help.
- Your podcast will have a different URL on each platform. You generally can’t edit these URLs or they may break.
- It's possible you may find your podcast on platforms you didn't manually submit it to. Third-party apps sometimes scrape RSS feeds to feature on their own platform. If you want your podcast removed from any of these services, contact them directly.
- Most platforms post your new episodes and other podcast changes shortly after you publish them. In some cases, it can take up to 24 hours for new episodes or other changes to reflect on all platforms.
- If your podcast appears twice on one platform, contact us to get one of the versions removed.
- Episodes that contain songs from Spotify's catalog are only available to listeners on Spotify.
Podcasts hosted somewhere else
If you host your podcast with Buzzsprout, Libsyn, Podbean, or any other host, check out this guide to getting your podcast on Spotify.
Was this article helpful?