Your info, payment and privacy all in one place.
Protect your account
Our security team works tirelessly to safeguard your account and your personal information, but there are also measures you should take to further protect your Spotify account.
Use a secure password
To keep your account as secure as possible, we recommend you:
- Use a long password with letters, capitals, numbers, and special characters.
- Use a different password for each online service you use.
- Change your password frequently.
- Never share your password with anyone.
Keep your device’s firmware, operating system, and/or anti-virus software up-to-date for general online security.
Check out your device’s support site for help with this.
Remove access to 3rd party apps
If someone gains unauthorized access to your account, we recommend removing any 3rd party apps with access to your Spotify as they may have become compromised. You can grant access to them again if you want.
Log out after using Spotify on public devices
Whether you’re at work, school, the library, or using a device that isn’t your own, remember to log out after using Spotify to prevent others from gaining access to your account.
To log out of all devices and web pages at once:
- Log in to your account page.
- Under Security and privacy, select Sign out everywhere.
- Click Sign out everywhere.
Note: This doesn't include partner devices (e.g. speakers, games consoles, and TVs), so for those go to your apps page and choose REMOVE ACCESS.
Was this article helpful?