With Spotify on mobile, in association with Genius and SoundHound, you can see the lyrics of many of your favorite tracks as they’re sung (or rapped, or screamed), and get the story behind them.
Use Genius’ Behind the Lyrics on Spotify to find out what your favorite lyrics and tracks actually mean.
Note: Behind the lyrics is currently only available in English, on select songs and playlists.
- Start playing music.
- Tap the Now Playing bar at the bottom of the screen.
- See the little screen peeking out from behind the cover art? Swipe down to see it.
- There it is! When prompted, TAP FOR MORE for even more insights and exclusives.
- Swipe down again if you want to return to the cover art.
With SoundHound you can see lyrics of tracks that you're listening to on your phone.
Link your Spotify account to SoundHound
- Open SoundHound and go to the app’s settings.
- Next to Spotify, tap Connect.
- Log in to your account and tap Okay.
- Open SoundHound and search for a track.
- The lyrics should display underneath the track.
- The lyrics scroll up along with the music, so you can even sing along!
Tip: Don’t recognize a song? Use SoundHound to find out what it is and automatically add it to a Spotify playlist! Make sure Auto-add to Spotify is enabled in SoundHound’s settings. Then, from the SoundHound app homepage, tap the SoundHound button () and wait for the song to be detected. Once detected, the track will automatically add to a Spotify playlist called SoundHound.
We did, however this is currently unavailable. We’re always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall. We'd love to hear your thoughts! You can submit your feedback at our Community.
To find out more, check out: Why do features change?