Failed payment help
Make sure your payment method has sufficient funds, and is:
- Registered in the same country to your Spotify account.
- Not expired or canceled.
- Enabled for foreign, secure online, and recurring purchases. Look for these settings in your bank’s mobile app.
Also, make sure your bank or payment provider has your correct details. They may need to verify your identity for security, e.g. with a password, PIN, fingerprint, or code sent to your device.
You may have attempted payment through a banking relationship or payment processor that is currently unauthorized for processing due to newly introduced banking restrictions.
These new restrictions have been externally announced and applied and now affect transactions across several companies, including Spotify.
This means that our next attempts to take payment may unfortunately fail. Your Premium subscription would then be automatically canceled, and you’ll move to our free service.
You may want to reach out to your payment provider to see if it is restricted from processing your payment due to changes in applicable legislation.
We accept the following payment methods:
- Credit/debit card
- Gift card
- Pay by mobile
Still not working?
- Try entering your payment details again using a private/incognito window.
- Try a different payment method.
- It might just be a temporary connection issue, so wait a few hours and try again.
- Get in touch with your payment provider.
Regular payment failed?
If a monthly payment fails, you won't immediately lose your Premium. We’ll try to take the payment again over the next few days.
Payments through a partner
If your plan is with a partner company (e.g. your phone or internet provider), they manage your payments. You'll need to speak to them about anything payment related.
To check who your provider is, or to reach out to them directly:
- Go to your Account overview page.
- Scroll down to Your plan.
- Click the contact link under Payment.
You can check or update your payment info on your account page, under Your plan.
Was this article helpful?