How can we help you?
Get the full Spotify experience!Upgrade to premium
Have questions, answers, ideas about Spotify? Ask or join our Community!Go to the Community
Check out our Twitter or Facebook help:
Failed payment help
Note: If your plan is with a partner company (e.g. your phone or internet provider), they manage your payments.
Make sure your payment method has sufficient funds, and is:
- Registered in the same country to your Spotify account.
- Not expired or canceled.
- Enabled for foreign, secure online, and recurring purchases. Look for these settings in your bank’s mobile app.
Also, make sure your bank or payment provider has your correct details. They may need to verify your identity for security, e.g. with a password, PIN, fingerprint, or code sent to your device.
Still not working?
- Try entering your payment details again using a private/incognito window.
- Try a different payment method.
- It might just be a temporary connection issue, so wait a few hours and try again.
- Get in touch with your payment provider.
Regular payment failed?
If a monthly payment fails, you won't immediately lose your Premium. We’ll try to take the payment again over the next few days.
You can check or update your payment info on your account page, under Your plan.
Last updated: 12 August, 2021
Was this article helpful?