How can we help you?
Get the full Spotify experience!Upgrade to premium
Have questions, answers, ideas about Spotify? Ask or join our Community!Go to the Community
Check out our Twitter or Facebook help:
Take your music and podcasts anywhere your internet can’t go.
- For Premium, you can download albums, playlists, and podcasts
- For the free version of Spotify, you can download podcasts
You can download as many as 10,000 songs on each of up to 5 different devices.
Note: Go online at least once every 30 days to keep your downloads. This is so Spotify can collect play data to compensate artists.
How to download
Switch on Offline Mode
Downloads play automatically when you lose internet, but you can use Offline Mode to make sure only your downloads play.
- Check the device isn’t in sleep mode
- Check your internet connection is active
- Make sure you have enough storage space
- Turn off any cache clearing/battery-saving apps
You may only download on up to 5 devices. If you want to download to an additional device, you will need to remove downloads from another.
Tip: We recommend at least 1GB free memory.
Downloads not playing?
Look for the download status next to your song or playlist:
What to do
Try restarting the app.
You can also switch on Offline Mode to make sure any attempted internet connections don’t interfere.
See "Not downloading?"
If that doesn’t help, try reinstalling the app.
Note: You need to re-download any downloaded music and podcasts after reinstalling the app.
You might lose your downloads if:
- You don’t go online at least once in 30 days
- You reinstall the app
- You download to more than 5 devices
Note: Downloads are removed from the device you’ve used least recently
- Your Spotify app is not up-to-date
- Your SD card (if you have one) is not working properly
Reached device limit?
There are 2 easy ways you can remove downloads from a mobile device:
Remove all downloads from your device
- Tap Settings .
- iOS only: Tap Storage.
- Select Remove all downloads.
Manually remove downloads
- Open Your Library.
- Tap Downloaded.
- Open an album or playlist.
- Tap the green arrow button .
- Tap Remove. The green icon will turn black .
Last updated: 10 May, 2022
Was this article helpful?