How can we help you?
Friend Activity shows you what your friends are playing, and shows your friends what you're playing.
To show or hide Friend Activity:
- Click in the top-right and select Settings.
- Under Display Options, switch Show Friend Activity on (green), or off (gray).
Note: Friend Activity is on the right side of your desktop app. It might be hidden if the size of the window is too small.
Who can see what I'm listening to?
Anyone that follows you can see what you’re listening to. You can hide your activity with Private listening.
Tip: To see who’s following you, click your name in the top-right corner of the app and click FOLLOWERS.
Friend Activity might not update in real time. If you notice it hasn’t updated for a while:
- Check the app is up-to-date
- Check your device’s operating system is up-to-date
- Restart the app
- Log out of Spotify, then log back in
- Reinstall the app
Last updated: 29 April, 2021
Was this article helpful?