Your info, payment and privacy all in one place.
There are 2 ways to shuffle.
Shuffle any playlist, album, or artist profile to mix up what plays next.
For: Mobile (Premium only)
Smart Shuffle is play mode that keeps your listening sessions fresh by mixing in recommendations that match the vibe. You can activate it in any of the playlists you've created or your Liked Songs, and we'll also start recommending songs we think will go well with them.
To activate Smart Shuffle:
- Go to the Now Playing bar at the bottom of the screen, then open any of the playlists you’ve created or your Liked Songs.
Note: On tablet, tap the album artwork in the side menu.
- Look for the Shuffle symbol and tap it.
- Shuffle is off - tracks play in order
- Shuffle is on - tracks play randomly
- Smart Shuffle is on - tracks and personalized recommendations play randomly
Don't have Premium?
If you’re on our free service, you can only shuffle music except on certain Spotify playlists such as those made for you.
Upgrade to Premium to have full control over listening.
Was this article helpful?