Creating a Discovery Mode campaign
Note: Discovery Mode is in a beta phase and isn’t available to all artists yet. We’ll share updates when we’re ready to roll it out more widely.
- Log in to artists.spotify.com.
- Go to Campaigns and Discovery Mode.
- Click Set up [month] campaign.
Note: You can set up a campaign between the 11th of the month and 12 AM UTC on the last day of the month.
- Select the tracks you’d like to include.
- Review your campaign and click Submit.
Campaigns start on the 1st of the following month. You can make edits to your track submissions up until 12 AM UTC on the last day of the current month.
Don’t see your track?
Check if your track is eligible for Discovery Mode:
- A participating licensor is the distributor of the track (currently Amuse, CD Baby, CmdShft, Dance All Day, DistroKid, EmuBands, Stem, UnitedMasters, Venice Music, and Vydia)
- The track has been released on Spotify for at least 30 days
- The track has been streamed in Radio or Autoplay in the last 7 days
Discovery Mode cost
Discovery Mode doesn’t require an upfront budget. Instead, a 30% commission is applied to recording royalties generated from all streams of selected songs in Discovery Mode contexts - Spotify Radio and Autoplay. All other streams of selected songs outside of Spotify Radio and Autoplay remain commission-free.
Multiple versions of the same song
Discovery Mode selections occur at the track URI level.
If your song appears on several releases (e.g. on a single and an album), it’ll have multiple track URIs for the same recording.
To maximize potential reach, we recommend selecting all eligible track URIs of your song.
Note: As a primary guiding principle, you should consider your marketing objectives and strategies when making campaign decisions.
Need more help?
Get in touch through our contact page (choose Promotion and pitching > Discovery Mode).
Was this article helpful?