Pitching music to our playlist editors
For: Admins and Editors
Use Spotify for Artists to pitch an upcoming, unreleased song to our playlist editors.
We'll also add your pitched song to your followers' Release Radar playlists, and you can pin it to your This Is playlist if you're eligible for one.
- Log in to Spotify for Artists.
- Find unreleased music to pitch:
- At the top of Home, select PITCH FROM NEXT RELEASE.
- On web, you can also pitch from the Music tab under Upcoming.
- Choose a song and fill out the info. The more info we get, the better chance it has.
Info about pitching music:
- Get your music in early so our editors have time to listen
- See the status Available Soon? We're still processing your release (it can take a few days until it's ready to pitch)
- You can’t pitch compilations
- You can’t pitch if you’re a featured artist on the song
- You can only pitch one song at a time. Once your pitched song goes live, you can pitch another
- Our editors might pick a different song from your release on their playlist
- Anyone with Admin or Editor access can see and edit the pitch
- You can edit your pitch up to release day, but there’s no guarantee our editors will see the changes
Pinning a pitched song to your This Is playlist:
- You can pin the song that you pitched to your This Is playlist if you’re eligible for one
- Once your new song is available to listeners on Spotify, pinning takes around 3 days
- You can only submit one pin request at a time. Once your pinned song goes live, you can submit another request
- Songs are pinned to your This Is playlist for up to 28 days post-release in the order they were requested, with the earliest pinned song appearing first
How to know if your song gets picked
We’ll email you if your song gets picked. You can also check the Playlists tab in Spotify for Artists when your release goes live and explore detailed stats about it.
Pitching doesn’t guarantee playlist placement. If your song doesn’t get picked, it may still get discovered later. Stay on our editors’ radar by building your fanbase and engaging with your audience on Spotify and beyond.
However, submitting a pitch at least 7 days before release day will get your song on your followers’ Release Radar playlists. You can also pin your song to your This Is playlist if you're eligible for one.
Licensors and labels can make a pitch label-only.
Artists and managers can see the song and who pitched it, but can’t edit or view some pitch details (e.g. genre, mood, and culture tags).
You can reach out to your licensor or label if you need help with a label-only pitch.
Was this article helpful?