Creating a Marquee campaign
Marquee is a full-screen, sponsored recommendation for new releases.
Schedule your Marquee up to 18 days after the release date.
For: Admins and Editors on web
- Log in to artists.spotify.com.
- Go to Campaigns.
- Click Create Campaign next to the release.
- Add the required info (including budget, target country, target audience, background color, destination, and payment method) then click Submit.
Campaigns can target audiences in 36 markets.
You can only target one market per campaign. To target multiple markets, you'll need to schedule separate campaigns in Spotify for Artists.
Campaigns run until you spend your budget or 10 days after your campaign starts, whichever comes first.
Editing or canceling a Marquee
For: Admins and Editors
- Budget and campaign dates can be changed up to 1 day before the start date
- You can’t edit active campaigns
- You can cancel a campaign before the start date and stop an active campaign
Note: It may take an hour to completely stop, and the results may take 24 hours to update.
- You can’t edit how Marquee looks - we use your release artwork and pick the background color based on the cover art
Don’t see your release?
Artists can use Marquee to promote eligible new releases if they meet one of the following eligibility requirements:
- More than 5k streams over the last 28 days in at least one of the target markets below
- More than 1k followers
Check your release is eligible for Marquee:
- You can only promote new releases
- At least 50% of songs need to be new to the product type (e.g. you can promote an album if 50% of the songs haven’t already been released on an album on Spotify)
- Your campaign needs to start within 21 days of the release date in the market you're targeting
- You can’t promote a remix, karaoke version, soundalike, remaster, or re-recording
- The artist needs to be listed as a main artist on the release
- You can't promote an artist with a general name that describes the performer or content (e.g. "Sleep Music")
- You can’t promote a release with more than 3 main artists
- The Marquee must be set up by an artist team, or a label team with full or split rights for the release in Australia, Canada, France, UK, or US
- The release artwork needs to comply with our advertising Terms and Conditions
The destination is where you send listeners when they tap your Marquee. Your destination can be the single page, album page, or EP page, depending on the new release you’re promoting.
If your campaign is promoting a single, you may also have the option to send listeners to your This Is playlist.
Things to keep in mind with This Is playlist destinations for Marquee campaigns:
- We’ll pin your single to your This Is playlist if it’s not already pinned
- You need an eligible This Is playlist
- Using a Marquee to drive to this destination is only available for campaigns created via Spotify for Artists
- Your campaign can run as soon as three days after your single’s release date
- You can use your This Is playlist as the destination for multiple singles you want to promote, as long as the campaign dates don’t overlap
Note: If you're promoting the same single in multiple campaigns, your campaign dates can overlap.
Was this article helpful?