How can we help you?
Account & Payment
Spotify in the car
Take your favorite music and podcasts along for the ride.
Use any of these to connect your phone to your car:
Also, many car media systems offer a Spotify app built into the stereo. Check out Explore Spotify for compatible devices, or check with the manufacturer.
Note: We’re aware of an issue with Bluetooth devices showing in the car. Get updates here.
- Make sure your app and devices’ software are up-to-date
- Make sure your device is connected to the internet
- Restart the app
- Restart your car (by turning the ignition off then on again)
- If possible, delete the Spotify app then reinstall it
If your AUX or USB cable isn't working:
- Make sure it's the correct cable for your device
- Try a different one in case it's damaged
If the problem persists, reach out to your car/stereo manufacturer for further help.
For your safety
Only use your mobile device when allowed by law and when conditions permit safe use.
Set up Spotify before you drive and avoid interacting with your device while the car is in motion.
Car view automatically switches on when you connect your phone to your car’s Bluetooth.
You get larger icons in the Now Playing view and can quickly change what plays with Choose Music at the bottom of the screen.
To disable Car view:
- Tap Home .
- Tap Settings .
- Under Car, switch Car view off.
Last updated: 17 June, 2021
Was this article helpful?