How can we help you?
Web player help
Play Spotify from the comfort of your browser on our web player.
Supported web browsers:
- Make sure your browser is up-to-date. Check and update it in your browser’s Help section.
- Try opening the web player in a private/incognito window.
- Some shared or public networks (e.g. schools/work/office) restrict access to certain services. You can contact those responsible for managing the network for more information.
If it's still not working, try listening on the desktop app instead.
“Playback of protected content is not enabled” error message
If you see this message (or similar), you need to enable the Widevine plugin or download a media pack.
Note: Enabling the plugin requires no download and doesn't compromise your online security.
Pick your browser for how to enable the web player.
- In your browser address bar, enter chrome://settings/content
- Under Protected content, switch on Allow site to play protected content.
Click Enable DRM in the yellow warning bar at the top of the screen.
If you don’t see the yellow bar:
- In your browser address bar, enter about:preferences#content
- Under DRM content, switch on Play DRM.
Last updated: 13 August, 2021
Was this article helpful?