Creating your podcast cover art
Choosing the right cover art is an important part of making a podcast. Effective cover art can attract new listeners by grabbing their attention visually, and can also give a good sense of what your podcast is about before they even start to listen.
If you host your podcast with Spotify, you can add cover art in your podcast’s settings:
- Go to your Podcast settings
- Click Update cover art then Upload an image.
On the mobile app:
- Go to Your Podcast.
- Tap the 3 dots at the top of the screen then Podcast settings.
- Tap Update podcast art then Upload an image
Changes to your cover art typically reflect on listening platforms within 24 hours.
Note: If you don't host your podcast with Spotify, check with your host about how to add cover art.
Your image should be in PNG, JPG, or JPEG format, with a maximum file size of 30MB. We recommend an image size of 3000x3000 for best resolution.
Any image you upload must be your own, or an image you explicitly own the rights to use.
Episode cover art
Your episodes will carry the same cover art as your podcast, but you can upload custom artwork to each episode if you like.
Note: Not all listening platforms display individual episode artwork; some use your podcast's main artwork.
- Go to Episodes and click on the episode you want to add cover art to.
- Click the pencil icon to the right of the episode name.
- Scroll down to Customize this episode.
- Click Upload new episode art.
- Choose the file you'd like to use from your device, adjust the zoom, then click Save.
- Click Update Episode at the top of the page to save your new cover art.
On the mobile app:
- Go to Your Podcast and select the episode you want to add cover art to.
- Tap the three dots and Update episode details.
- Tap your episode’s current artwork under Customize.
- Choose an image from your device’s photo reel, or take a new photo.
- Adjust the zoom and tap the tick icon to save your new cover art.
Note: Once you’ve added custom artwork to an episode, you can't remove it completely. To revert to your podcast’s main artwork, you’ll need to add that image from your device.
Was this article helpful?