How can we help you?
Account & Payment
Go wireless and play Spotify on Bluetooth supported devices such as speakers, headphones, and even your car.
- The Spotify app on a Bluetooth supported phone, tablet, or computer.
- A Bluetooth supported audio device (such as a speaker, car, watch, headphones, etc).
Note: It's best to close Spotify while establishing a connection.
- On both devices, switch Bluetooth on.
- Pair the devices. Check your device’s user guide for step-by-step instructions.
- Open Spotify and play. The sound now comes from your chosen device.
If your Bluetooth connection isn’t working, make sure:
- The devices are in range. We recommend they're within 1 meter (3ft) of each other.
- Both devices have sufficient power.
- You’re connected to the right device. You might need to disconnect any other devices.
- You haven’t reached the maximum number of devices you can pair at any one time.
- The connection allows media sharing. Look for this option in the Bluetooth settings of your phone, tablet, or computer.
- You may need to select the device you’re pairing to as the default for your phone, tablet, or computer. Look for this option in the Bluetooth settings.
Still not working?
Try re-pairing your devices:
- Turn your Bluetooth audio device off.
- In the Bluetooth settings of your phone, tablet, or computer, delete the information of your Bluetooth device. This setting is often called Forget.
- On both devices, switch Bluetooth off/back on.
- Re-establish the connection. Check your device's user guide for specific steps.
For more connection help with speakers and cars, check out:
Last updated: 17 September, 2019
Was this article helpful?