Can't play Spotify
If you're having technical issues with the app, try these first:
- Check @SpotifyStatus for any ongoing issues.
- Restart the Spotify app. Close any other apps you’re not using.
- If that doesn’t fix it, log out and back in.
- If that doesn’t fix it, reinstall the app.
Tip: For issues with the sound or volume, see Can’t hear Spotify.
Is it your device?
See if the issue happens on a different device, or when using the web player. If it doesn’t, it could be an issue specific to your device:
- Check that your device is supported for Spotify and up-to-date.
- The device should have at least 250MB available memory.
- If you’re listening on desktop, check that your firewall isn’t blocking Spotify.
You may need to troubleshoot further with the device's manufacturer.
Are others having the same issue?
Note: If you don’t find your issue on Community, you can post about it and get the help of our Community members in English.
Was this article helpful?