Record with Friends
Invite up to 5 friends to record your podcast episode with you on a call.
- Easy to use: Invite up to 5 friends, and record for up to 2 hours.
- High quality audio: No matter how many people are on your recording, it'll sound just as good as if you were recording on your own.
- Record remotely with anyone in the world: Wherever your friends are, they can join your recording in seconds from mobile or desktop via the Spotify for Podcasters app or at podcasters.spotify.com - they don’t even need an account to take part.
Starting a call
- Open or download the Spotify for Podcasters app on your phone.
Note: It’s not possible to start a call from the web version of Spotify for Podcasters.
- Select Record, then tap Invite friends to join.
- Tap Invite friends.
- Share a direct link to your call with your guest(s) via the channel of your choice. Recording begins when your first guest joins.
Where to find your recorded audio
After the recording, the audio is saved to the host’s Library. It can take a couple minutes for your audio to process before it appears in the Library.
If you were a guest of the podcast, ask the host for the audio.
The audio is recorded on a single track. We hope to support multitrack recording in the future.
Tips and advice
- For the best audio quality, make sure that you and all your guests are in a quiet space without background noise.
- External microphones are compatible if your guests are joining from a desktop device. If they’re on mobile, we recommend they speak into their device’s microphone.
- Enable Do Not Disturb or airplane mode to avoid phone calls and notifications interrupting your recording.
- Your guests don’t need a Spotify for Podcasters account - they can join via the link you send them.
Note: If guests do choose to log in, they should each use their own account when on a recording call.
- Ensure each guest has a stable WiFi connection, and close other apps for a reliable recording.
- Use a shared doc or notes app to outline your episode's content and keep the recording structured.
If you or your guests experience any connection trouble during the call, try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Ensure you have a stable and active internet connection.
- Close any other apps or programs you’re not using.
- Switch off your device’s WiFi connection, wait 30 seconds, then switch it back on.
- Restart your router, if possible.
- Try connecting to a different network, if possible.
- If you’re joining via a mobile/cellular connection, check that you have enough data allowance in your device’s settings.
- Check you’re on the latest version of the Spotify for Podcasters app.
- Restart your device.
Was this article helpful?