With AirPlay, you can use your iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, or Mac to play Spotify on an Apple TV, AirPlay compatible speaker, or another Mac.
For: OS X Mountain Lion 10.8 and above
- Connect your computer to the same WiFi as the device you want to play to.
- Click the AirPlay icon in the menu bar and select your device.
- Play a song on Spotify. It will plays through your chosen device.
- Connect your iPhone to the same WiFi as your AirPlay device.
- Play a song, and tap the Now Playing bar .
- Tap Devices Available at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap More Devices, and select your AirPlay device.
If AirPlay isn't working for you, check:
- All devices are on the same WiFi network.
- All devices are fully up-to-date.
- @SpotifyStatus. We post here about any system issues.
If you’re still having trouble after those checks, these steps can help:
- Restart the Spotify app.
- Close any other apps you’re not using.
- Restart your devices.
- Restart your WiFi.
- If possible, try a different WiFi connection.
If the problem persists, you may need to perform further troubleshooting on your device or WiFi connection. Check out the support sites for the service provider / manufacturer for help.
You can also try these alternative ways to play Spotify on different devices: