Clips content policy
Clips are short, under-30-second vertical videos you can upload through Spotify for Artists. Learn more
Your Clips need to be:
- Vertical format
- At least 1280px tall and 1080px wide
- An MP4 file
- 3-30 seconds long
We have some limits on the type of content you can include in a Clip, and we may remove your content if it violates our policies.
No prohibited content
Clips that don't comply with the Spotify Platform Rules will be removed. This includes, but is not limited to, content that:
- Is abusive towards an individual or group
- Threatens violence
- Promotes child exploitation
- Is deceptive in a way that elevates a risk of harm
- Incites violence against those of a protected characteristic
Make sure your Clip complies with the law, and that you have all rights to use and post the content in the video. If you include music in your video, you must have all rights and clearances to include and post it on the Spotify platform.
No branded or watermarked content
Clips are a place for you to creatively express yourself, and shouldn’t be used to sell anything, be overly promotional, or recycle watermarked content.
Follow these guidelines when creating your video:
- Keep listeners on Spotify
- Avoid directing listeners to any websites/URLs or ticket vendors, and don't encourage follows or likes on social media
- Don’t post recycled materials that contain a watermark from other sites
Make sure your Clips comply with our specifications. We may remove blurry videos or other videos that aren't technically compliant with our platform.
Even if your content is permissible under our Platform Rules, it still may not be appropriate for all audiences. You should mark such content as Explicit to help protect your fans from seeing and hearing content with which they may not be comfortable. This is particularly important to protect younger users on Spotify.
Your content should be marked as explicit if it contains:
- Imagery of or references to violence, physical abuse, or mental abuse
- Imagery of or references to the use of recreational drugs or other controlled substances
- Imagery of or references to sexual behavior
- Imagery of or references to sensitive topics
There’s no definitive guide to what makes content explicit, so we suggest you err on the side of caution.
Where your Clips are seen
Spotify listeners in the following markets can view Clips on mobile devices:
Country or region
Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam
Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czechia, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Serbia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom
Aruba, British Virgin Islands, Canada, Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Puerto Rico, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Sint Maarten, St. Martin (French), Turks and Caicos, United States, US Virgin Islands
Australia, New Zealand
Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay
Was this article helpful?