How can we help you?
Account & Payment
Share music and podcasts
Calling all tastemakers! We’ve made it easy for you to share direct from the app.
- Go to what you want to share and select (desktop and iOS) / (Android).
Tip: You can also right-click it on desktop or web player.
- Select Share. There you can:
- Share to any social or messaging app listed.
- Choose Copy Link to paste the link wherever you like.
Note: This is the only option to share on web player.
- Share a Spotify Code (more info below).
On desktop, you can also Copy Embed Code to share on websites.
What about secret playlists?
The share feature will share a playlist even if you’ve made it secret. The recipient can view, play, and follow it, and they can share with others who can also view, play, follow, and share it.
Note: If you’ve set the playlist to be collaborative, any recipient can also edit the playlist.
Share a Spotify Code
For: Mobile, tablet, and desktop
Note: Spotify needs access to your phone’s camera for this. Learn more about information you share with Spotify.
- Go to what you’d like to share and select (desktop and iOS) / (Android).
- Find the code underneath the cover art.
- Share one of these two ways:
- Have your friend scan the code with their phone.
- Take a screenshot and send it to your friend from your photo gallery. They can then scan to listen.
For a high resolution Spotify code, go to spotifycodes.com.
Scan a Spotify Code
For: Mobile and tablet
- Tap Search in the menu at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the camera .
- If you haven't yet allowed Spotify access to your camera, tap SCAN, then ALLOW.
- Point your camera at a Spotify Code, or if you saved the code to your photo gallery, tap SELECT FROM PHOTOS.
Last updated: 17 February, 2021
Was this article helpful?