I want to use Spotify without Facebook
If you’d like to disconnect your Spotify account from Facebook, just follow these steps:
- Open the Spotify desktop app.
- In the top-right corner, click > Settings.
- Under Social, click DISCONNECT FROM FACEBOOK.
Note: It’s not possible to complete these steps on mobile.
Don’t see this option?
This means you created your account with Facebook, and therefore it’s not possible to disconnect from it.
In order to use Spotify without Facebook in this case, you need to create a new account.
Things to remember before creating your new account
- If your original account is on a Premium subscription, you need to cancel it and resubscribe on your new account.
- Make sure you sign out everywhere before you create a new account, otherwise we won't recognise that you need a new account.
- It’s not possible to have two accounts with the same email address. If you’d like to keep the email address associated with the Facebook account on your new Spotify account, you first need to close your original Spotify account.
- You will lose your saved music, your playlists, and your followers from the original account. You can always save, create, and follow any content again with your new account.
Tip: If you want to create the new Spotify account with a new Facebook account, make sure you’re logged in to the correct Facebook account on your device before signing up again.
Already deactivated Facebook?
If you created your Spotify account with Facebook, and have already deactivated that Facebook account, you are unable to log in.
In order to complete the steps above, we recommend temporarily reactivating Facebook so you can access the original Spotify account created with it. You can deactivate it again once you’ve cancelled any subscriptions and closed the original account. Alternatively, you can contact us to complete those steps for you.