Spotify System Requirements
The following are the system requirements for using Spotify and accessing Spotify content through an installed app:
- iPhone/iPad: iPhone 4S or above, iPad 2 or above, and 5th generation iPod Touch or above and with iOS 8 or above, with at least 100 MB free space and the iOS Spotify Music app (downloaded from the Apple App Store).
- Android phone/tablet: Any device that runs Android OS version 4.0.3 or above, with at least 500 MB free space and the Android Spotify Music app (downloaded from the Apps store of Google Play or, for Kindle devices, downloaded from the Amazon Appstore).
- Mac computer: OS X 10.9 or above and the Spotify app.
- Windows computer: Windows 7 or above and the Spotify app.
- Spotify also plays through several third-party sound systems, TVs, and car stereo systems. Please see support for your device to determine whether it supports Spotify and, if so, how to enable it.
The following is the list of browsers that can run the Web Player service:
- Safari 6 or above.
- Internet Explorer 11 or above.
- Google Chrome (latest).
- Mozilla Firefox (latest or the immediately previous version).
- Opera 12 or above.
- Yandex 1 or above.
Note: Spotify content may only be accessed with Spotify apps, the Web Player website, or apps otherwise authorized by Spotify.
Note: App functionality can vary, depending on device and operating system. For optimal performance, we recommend running the latest firmware on your device.