I want to use Spotify without Facebook
To disconnect your Spotify account from Facebook:
- Open the Spotify desktop app.
- In the top-right corner, click , then Settings.
- Under Social, click DISCONNECT FROM FACEBOOK.
Note: It’s not possible to complete these steps on mobile.
Don’t see this option?
This means you created your account with Facebook, so it’s not possible to disconnect.
In this case, you need to switch to a new account:
- If your current account is on a Premium subscription, cancel it (you can resubscribe on your new account).
Note: If you have the student discount, you won’t be able to apply it to your new account until 12 months have elapsed since you signed up for it.
- Go to your account page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE at the bottom.
- Create your new account.
Note: It’s not possible to have two accounts with same email address. If you’d like to keep the email address associated with your old account, you first need to close the old account.
Any saved music and playlists will still be on your old account, but you can save / create them again on your new account.