Problems logging in
All you need to know about logging in to Spotify.
- Enter your email address or username.
- Enter your password.
- Click/tap LOG IN.
- Try entering any email addresses (or usernames) you might have used to sign up.
- Select RESET PASSWORD (desktop)or Forgot your password? (mobile).
A password reset link will be sent to the email address registered on your account and will include a copy of your username.
- Try using the LOG IN WITH FACEBOOK button (your account might be linked to Facebook).
- Check out Can’t remember login details (below).
Tip: To save your login details for next time, switch Remember me on (desktop only).
If your account is connected to Facebook, click/tap LOG IN WITH FACEBOOK.
Not sure if your account's connected to Facebook?
Try LOG IN WITH FACEBOOK. This will prompt you to log in to Facebook (if you haven’t already). You're automatically logged in to Spotify if your account is connected.
Check you're logged in to the correct Facebook account on the device.
Tip: If you need to change or reset your password, this must be done through your Facebook settings.
Closed or deactivated Facebook?
If you signed up with Facebook and you close or deactivate that Facebook account, you won’t be able to log in to Spotify. In this case, you need to create a new account.
Things to remember before creating a new account
- If your original account is on a Premium subscription, you need to cancel it and resubscribe on your new account.
- It’s not possible to have two accounts with the same email address. If you’d like to keep the email address associated with the Facebook account on your new Spotify account, you first need to close your original Spotify account.
- You will lose your saved music, your playlists, and your followers from the original account. You can always save, create, and follow any content again with your new account.
Tip: If you want to create the new Spotify account with a new Facebook account, make sure you’re logged in to the correct Facebook account on your device before signing up again.
Note: In order to complete these steps, we recommend temporarily reactivating Facebook so you can access the original Spotify account created with it. You can deactivate it again once you’ve cancelled any subscriptions and closed the original account. Alternatively, you can contact us to complete those steps for you.
If you can’t remember the email address, username, or password you use to log in to Spotify:
- Go to our password reset page.
- Enter your email address or username.
- Click/tap SEND.
We’ll send an email to the address registered on your account that includes your username and a link to reset your password.
Can't remember username or email address?
- Try entering any email addresses you might have used to create an account. If there's no account associated with the details you enter, we’ll let you know immediately so you can try another.
- Search your email inboxes (inc. spam and junk folders) for any emails from Spotify. If you find one, it’s likely that email address is registered on your account.
Password reset link isn't working or has expired
- Try requesting it again using a private browser/incognito window.
- If you don't receive the reset email, check your junk/spam folders.
Tip: If you no longer have access to the registered email address, you need to create a new account.
The log in process can vary depending on your device. Be sure to follow the instructions for each device carefully.
If you use LOG IN WITH FACEBOOK, make sure the device you're using is logged into the correct Facebook account. Otherwise, you might be logged into the wrong Spotify account.
If you log in but don’t see what you’re expecting (Premium subscription, playlists, saved music, etc.), you might be logged into the wrong account.
You can create multiple accounts with Spotify, each with their own unique login, subscription, saved music, etc.
It's therefore possible to create a duplicate account by mistake, either by forgetting you already registered with another email address, or by accidentally creating a duplicate account using SIGN UP WITH FACEBOOK (when you already have an account that's not linked to Facebook).
If this happens, check to see if you have a duplicate account.
If you receive an error code when trying to log in to Spotify (error 3, error 404, etc.), check out our error codes guide for more information.