How can we help you?
Account & Payment
Duo Mix is a playlist that combines the music you and the other member of your Duo plan listens to. It comes preloaded with genres, artists, and songs you’ve each played on your own, and updates the more you play.
Join or leave Duo Mix
Your music doesn’t appear in Duo Mix until you join. If you leave, your songs are removed.
- Join or leave Duo Mix any time at www.spotify.com/account/duo.
- Or, in the mobile app tap (Android) / (iPhone), then select Join Duo Mix.
Note: To leave Duo Mix, repeat these steps and tap Leave Duo Mix.
Play Duo Mix
There are a few ways to find and play Duo Mix:
- Find it in Home under Made For You.
- Search for Duo Mix.
- If you have a voice controlled speaker, ask to play Duo Mix.
Note: If you’re new to Spotify, Duo Mix needs to get to know you first. Expect to see it filled with your favorite songs after around 2 weeks of listening.
Change the mood
For: Duo Mix on mobile
- Tap CHILL for an easy listening and laidback tempo. Tap again to return to the standard mix.
- Tap UPBEAT to increase the tempo of the mix. Tap again to return to the standard mix.
Profile pictures next to each song in the mix show which members of the plan it’s generated from. Only people in your Duo plan can see this.
Duo Mix generates automatically based on your listening habits, so the more you use Spotify, the better and more varied it gets. Just keep listening to the songs you love!
Duo Mix relies on frequent updates to stay fresh, so it’s not possible to listen offline. But you can add all songs from your mix to a playlist, then download that playlist:
- Tap (Android) / (iPhone).
- Tap Add to playlist.
- Tap NEW PLAYLIST and name it, or add songs to an existing playlist.
- Download that playlist.
Note: This setting is only available on mobile devices, but applies across all devices.
To remove explicit songs based on your music taste from Duo Mix, tap (Android) / (iPhone) in the top-right of your mix, then Remove your explicit songs. This is reflected on the other member’s account when it next updates for them.
This only removes the explicit songs based on your music taste. To disable all explicit songs, check out explicit content.
Last updated: 21 February, 2021
Was this article helpful?