Problems logging in
We know it’s annoying when you can’t access your music. Let this guide help you figure out what’s happening and get you back to the beat.
First, make sure you...
Other things that can affect login:
We have 2 ways to create an account with Spotify:
- Sign up with Facebook.
- Sign up directly with your email address.
The way to log in to Spotify depends on which of those 2 ways you created your account:
- If you made your account by signing up with Facebook, tap LOG IN WITH FACEBOOK.
- If you made your account by signing up directly with your email address, enter your username (not your email address!) and password and tap LOG IN.
Tip: If you're not sure how you created your account, tap LOG IN WITH FACEBOOK. It will prompt you to log in to Facebook.com if you haven't already. After doing so, if you do not have a Spotify account that was signed up through that Facebook account, you'll see a message saying so.
Unsure of your details? Try our handy guide to help jog your memory.
You can reset your password if you've forgotten it.
When you do so, we'll send you an email with a link to create a new password.
If you don't receive the reset password email, check your spam/junk filters.
- If you can't access the email address we're sending the reset link to, contact us so we can change the email address on the account for you.
- If you receive the error "password reset link in not valid, or already used," try opening the password reset link in a private browser or incognito window. If the problem persists, contact us.
If you've forgotten your username, all you need to do is enter the email address associated with the account in to our password reset form. Your username will then be emailed to you along with the password reset link. If you know the password, you can disregard the rest of the email.
If you have a Free account, you can only use Spotify abroad for 14 days at a time. Please reconnect to Spotify in the country you signed up in, or change your country settings.
If you created your Spotify account by choosing SIGN UP WITH FACEBOOK, but have since deactivated your Facebook account, you won't be able to log in.
You need to either reactivate Facebook, or create a new Spotify account. If you create a new account, you can contact us and we'll move your playlists, saved music, followers, and account information over.
- Check that you have an active internet connection.
- Check @SpotifyStatus for any current issues that could be preventing login.