Problems logging in
We know it’s annoying when you can’t log in and access your music. So let’s start off with some basic troubleshooting:
- Remember your password? If not, you may want to reset it here.
- Make sure you’re on the right login screen:
o If you made your account with Facebook, tap LOG IN WITH FACEBOOK.
o If you made your account with a username and password, enter those and tap LOG IN.
Note: Make sure you’re not entering your email address in the username field.
- Check that you have an active internet connection.
- If you’re a Free customer, remember you can only use Spotify abroad for 14 days at a time. Please reconnect to Spotify from the country you signed up in, or change your country setting.
- Close and reopen the app.
- Restart the device you’re using Spotify on.
- Reinstall Spotify.
- Check @SpotifyStatus for any current issues.
I signed up with Facebook but have deactivated my Facebook account.
If you’ve deactivated your Facebook account, you won’t be able to login. You need to either reactivate Facebook or create a new Spotify account. If you create a new account, you can contact us and we’ll move your playlists, saved music, followers, and account information over.
I forgot my password!
If you forgot your password, you can reset it:
- Go here to reset your password. We will then send you an email with a link to create a new password.
Note: If you don’t receive the reset password email, check your junk/spam filters.
Note: If you can’t access the email address we’re sending the reset to, contact us so we can change the email address for the account.
I’m getting a message that says my “password reset link is not valid, or already used”.
Try opening the password reset link in a private browsing or incognito window. If the problem persists, contact us.