Enjoy music freedom. You don’t need to subscribe to Premium to enjoy Spotify everywhere.
- Listen to your favorite artists on the go.
- Browse to find perfect playlists for every moment.
- Discover new music.
- Play, create, and edit your own playlists.
- Share music and playlists with your friends.
- Let Spotify pick the tunes with Radio.
You get all of this no matter what you listen on, however the Free service varies depending on device. See below for a breakdown.
Access our catalog of over 30 million tracks (supported by ads). As much music as you want, for as long as you want it!
Get ad-supported, shuffle-only access on compatible devices.
- You can’t stream specific songs on demand, and you’re only able to skip a track 6 times per hour.
- Sometimes you'll hear a mix of similar tracks from other artists to what you're playing.
Just head to any playlist, album, or artist page and press SHUFFLE PLAY. Your music will begin playing right away.
Sign up to Free
To access Spotify for Free, all you need is an account with us.
Then, simply download the app to start enjoying the music.
Switch to Free
If you want to switch a Premium account to Free, simply cancel your existing subscription. Your account will revert to Free at your next billing date.
Note: To switch from a Premium plan with another company (eg. your mobile/broadband provider or iTunes), you need to cancel your subscription through that company.
What’s the difference between Spotify Free and Premium?
With a Free account, you can listen to anything in our catalog, but you’ll hear ads between tracks and there are some on-demand limitations depending on your device.
With a Premium account, you won’t get ads or any limitations, no matter what device you’re using. You can also access special features such as high quality sound, offline listening, and Spotify Connect.