Tip: Save your favorites to Your Library for more instant access in future.
- Open Spotify on the desktop app or web player.
- Use Search to find what you want.
- Play any one of these ways:
- Hover your cursor over a track and click the Play button on the left.
- Double-click a track name.
- Click an album or playlist in Browse.
- Click the green PLAY button below an artist, album, or playlist title. Click again to PAUSE.
Mobile & Tablet
Note: These steps are for Premium. Using Spotify free on mobile? Learn how to find and play music.
Check out these ways to get recommendations and easy listening line-ups.
Find Discover Weekly, Release Radar, and other playlists made just for you in Your Library, or in Browse (under Discover).
Editorial and other playlists
Find playlists curated by music experts and genre specialists from around the globe in the Browse section of the app. We’ve even categorized them into handy Genres & Moods for you.
Get an endless stream of music similar to any song, album, artist, or playlist of your choosing. Learn more about Spotify Radio.
Like a personalized playlist and Spotify Radio rolled into one! Learn more about Daily Mix.
For even more discovery tips, check out Discover music.
Control your listening with Now Playing
After you start playing your music, control it with Now Playing at the bottom of the app.
- Play / Pause.
- Previous / Skip.
- Like / Dislike. We use this to give you better recommendations. Also, when you like something, the song saves to Your Library.
- Repeat album or playlist. Select again for , to repeat song once. Select a third time to stop repeating.
- Play Queue.
- Play to another device.
Note: Now Playing options vary depending on the device and what’s playing.