Let Spotify be the soundtrack of your drive with BMW.
Note: Availability of features can vary depending on model.
Which car models are supported?
Any BMW, regardless of model or year! It just needs to be equipped with the BMW apps feature (option code 6NR) as part of ConnectedDrive, included with the Navigation system Professional.
Note: On Android operating systems, Spotify currently only works with the new 2016 BMW 7 Series. We are working hard to enable Spotify for all compatible BMW Connected Drive and Mini Connected vehicles.
- Log into the Spotify app on your iPhone.
- On iPhone, connect your phone to your car's USB port using a lightning cable (like the one that came with your phone) or with a custom snap-in adapter, which is available as an accessory for iPhone 4/4s and iPhone 5/5s.
On Android, connect your phone to your car's USB port using a data/charge cable (like the one that came with your phone).
- On the Multimedia menu of your ConnectedDrive navigation system, select Spotify.
- Now you can control your Spotify music completely through ConnectedDrive and avoid the distraction of your phone.
Note: As it does with other integrated apps as a safety measure, BMW locks the Spotify app screen on your phone while it's plugged in. You can still receive calls and the music will pause if you open another app.
Contact BMW for help with:
- Connection issues.
- Technical troubleshooting.