Your info, payment and privacy all in one place.
Spotify not playing
If you're having technical issues when playing something on the Spotify app, try these first:
- Restart the Spotify app
- Update the app
- Reinstall the app
Note: You need to re-download any downloaded music and podcasts after reinstalling the app.
Other things to try
- Make sure your internet connection is stable
- Update your device’s operating system
- Close any other apps you aren't using
- Clear cache on your device
Issues with the sound or volume?
See Can’t hear Spotify.
Problems with listening offline?
See Listen offline.
Issues with local files?
See Local files.
Tracks grayed out?
- Check your device is not in offline mode
- Check your network connection, or switch to a different network
- Songs can be grayed out if they're not available in your market
Is it your device?
See if the issue happens on a different device, or when using the web player. If it doesn’t, it could be an issue specific to your device. Make sure:
- Your device is supported for Spotify and up-to-date
- Your device has at least 250MB of available memory
- Your firewall isn’t blocking Spotify (desktop only)
- Your device's battery is sufficiently charged
- Your SD card is not causing problems, try removing it (Android only)
If this didn’t help, you may need to troubleshoot further with the device's manufacturer.
Is this a known issue?
Was this article helpful?