Spotify on PlayStation®: Troubleshooting and FAQs
Find easy solutions and quick answers to FAQs about Spotify on PlayStation® below.
Tip: Just looking for how to use Spotify on PlayStation®? Check out our guide.
For more help using Spotify on PlayStation®, check out PlayStation Music.
If you created your Spotify account with your Facebook username and password, or if your Spotify credentials include any special characters, you're unable to log into Spotify directly on the PlayStation® console.
We recommend you use Spotify Connect to play on your PlayStation® from a mobile device.
Check out our guide to Playback issues.
Linking your accounts gives you the best experience across all devices. Wherever you log in to your account on PlayStation™Network, you’re also logged into Spotify.
If you don’t want to link your accounts, use Spotify Connect to play from your mobile to your PlayStation instead.
You can log out of from the Spotify app on PlayStation®:
- Select the profile image in the top-right of the screen.
- Select Log out.
Note: The Sign Out Everywhere button on your Spotify account page will not sign you out of PlayStation®.
For more help with unlinking your Spotify and PlayStation® accounts, check out PlayStation Music.
You can do this a few ways:
- Log into your own account on PlayStation™Network on their PS4™ or PS3™ console. If you’ve already linked that account to your Spotify profile, you’ll have instant access on any other PS4™ or PS3™ console you sign into.
- They can stay signed into their account on PlayStation™Network and you can access Spotify on PlayStation™Music by using Spotify Connect.
If you upgraded to Premium via Spotify.com, you can manage your Spotify subscription on your account page.
If you upgraded to Premium via your wallet on PlayStation™Network, please visit Sony support.
I upgraded but am not seeing Premium.
If you've upgraded to Premium on your PlayStation® console, but are still experiencing ads, or otherwise feel your account hasn’t actually upgraded to Premium:
- Log out of and back into the Spotify app on your PlayStation®.
- If that doesn't work, please contact Sony support.
Can I redeem a Premium code if I’m paying for Premium with my wallet on PlayStation™Network?
You are not able to redeem Premium codes from Spotify gift cards/e-cards or Spotify Premium promotions with PlayStation™Network.
PlayStation™Network sub-accounts can listen to Spotify, but can't upgrade to Spotify Premium on PlayStation™Music at this time. To upgrade to Spotify Premium, make sure you are logged into a Master Account.