At Spotify, we want to give our users the best possible experience to ensure that they enjoy our service today, tomorrow and in the future. It is also our goal to be as open and transparent as possible with our users about the personal data we collect to provide that service, how it is used, and with whom it is shared.
- privacy rights and how to exercise them;
- how we collect, use, share and protect personal data, and
- the legal bases we rely on to process personal data.
Over the next few weeks, we will also be rolling out new tools which include a new Privacy Center at Spotify.com, and a new Privacy Settings page in our users’ Accounts to help them more easily understand and manage their privacy choices, including a new ‘Download my Data’ button.
What is new?
We are providing additional information and resources to help our users understand and control the personal data they share with Spotify:
- The Privacy Center - We will be launching a new Privacy Center in the coming weeks at spotify.com. It will help individuals understand how their personal data is used by Spotify and what controls are available to Spotify users to manage their privacy settings.
- Privacy Settings page - We will also be launching a new Privacy Settings page accessible to Spotify users in their Account in the coming weeks. This will provide Spotify users with new controls to manage your privacy settings and enable them to download their personal data via a new ‘Download my Data’ button.
What has not changed?
What has not changed is Spotify’s ongoing commitment to ensuring our users’ privacy, and to giving them control over the personal data they share with us. The privacy and the security of our users’ personal data is enormously important to Spotify.
Thank you for using Spotify.
Enjoy the music!