Creating transcribed videos of your audio segments
Sharing a transcribed video is a great way to spread the word about your podcast!
You can generate a transcription of any audio segment that you've recorded or added to your Spotify for Podcasters account - as long as it's less than 1 minute long and in a published episode.
Note: You can't generate transcriptions of entire episodes.
On the mobile app:
- Go to Your Podcast and tap the episode which contains the segment you'd like to transcribe.
- Tap the 3 dots next to the segment then Create video.
- Once your transcription has been generated, tap Edit Video to check it's correct. You can make changes to the transcription on this screen.
- Tap Done to generate your video.
This feature is no longer available on the web Spotify for Podcasters experience.
Having trouble generating a transcription?
- Make sure your segment is under 1 minute long.
- Check that the audio doesn't contain overlapping voices or loud background music/noise that could make it difficult to transcribe.
- Remove any special characters from the segment's title.
- Try again after connecting to a strong, stable internet connection.
- If applicable, try reinstalling the Spotify for Podcasters mobile app.
Was this article helpful?