Building your audience
So your podcast is up and running, and now you're ready to get some listeners.
Here's what we'd recommend to make that happen!
Optimize your podcast
Make your podcast as compelling and consistent as possible so listeners who discover your podcast keep coming back for more.
Here are some tactics that can help:
- Choose a theme. Differentiate your podcast from others that cover a similar topic.
- Update your podcast frequently. The more often you create new episodes for your podcast, the more engaged your listeners will be.
- Mix it up with a variety of content. If your podcast is all about interviews, break things up occasionally with interludes. Include voice messages that you think add something to your episodes and that your listeners will enjoy. Remember that you can reply to listeners with a voice message as well.
- Watch your volume. The number one reason listeners lose interest in a podcast is when it's hard to hear. Make sure your voice isn't drowned out by background music, speak clearly into your microphone, and always preview your audio before publishing it.
- Get the word out about your show. Check out our marketing team’s tips.
Share your podcast
Share your podcast with followers on your social networks. Learn more about sharing your podcast
Was this article helpful?